Okay, so I moved to NYC after leaving a bitter sweet goodbye in Spain two days before. Not only did I leave an amazing study abroad experience but I left to a place full of black suits and long work days. So you can imagine that I wasn't the most excited about this new change.
The Sunday I was moving in with Sha in our own apartment overlooking Union Square. Its a nice set-up for only being a two person suite. And knowing the roommate since you were in high school makes it easier to move in. More good news: her mommie cleaned for us!
However, my trip to NYC was eventful to say the least! I got on the bus at around noonish to reach NYC at 6PM. From Penn Station, I walked with a million bags until I saw a crowd of taxis milling about. I decided to hail one and each taxi kept looking at me and rejecting me.
I was shocked. I heard it was hard to get a taxi in New York but little did I know that it was next to impossible. However, I quickly found out it was because I had to wait in a taxi cue and then be able to catch a taxi from Madison Square Gardens.
Once moving in I was under house arrest because as someone without an NYU ID I wasn't able to leave as often as I would like. Also, the security might suspect something if a non NYU student moved in early so to keep up appearances I had to minimize the amount of times I was signed in.
No comments:
Post a Comment